Sob..Sniff...Waaaaaaaaaaaaah

I am sleepy, I am tired and I am in a terribly terribly crabby mood today.
I cant believe I stayed up till 12 yesterday to watch THAT (you know what I am talking about) match
I cant believe that after CSK finished batting I called my friend and said "I think KKR will be all out at 90 man. Wanna bet?" and placed a LOUSY bet
I CANT believe Dhoni played L Balaji in the death overs
OMG!!! I CANT BELIEVE CSK LOST TO KKR of all the teams in the goddamned IPL
*sob*
They are my favorite team. If ever I had a baby I think I would love it as much (or maybe a leeeetle less) as I love CSK. And errr..ummm I dont think mothers would like their babies to lose to teh worst in the race (Not that KKR is worst mind you but definitely the unluckiest and I cant believe their luck worked on the day of their match against us)

And if you like cricket as much as I do you will not go "Hawwww. Chiiiiii" when I tell you that my eyes became just a teensy weensy bit moist after Hodge hit a four off that last ball and Chennai lost, but you will probably sympathize with me and tell me how your throat also got constricted and how you were also overcome by emotion.

Anyway!! We have lost, which makes our next match with Punjab a do or die match.
 
 
 
I am being released from my project of 2 years. For the past 2 years I have been sitting at the same office, same place, same desk and same team mates. And now I am moving.
Ideally, IDEALLY I should be feeling senti and be sad about leaving this project which has become like a second home to me. (Errrr)
But I feel strangely numb.
My boss came to me today and said "Ohhh!! I am going to miss you and inspite of you being so sarcastic and a person who has 0 respect for process and rules I am going to miss you" and I intelligently replied "Ahhh!!"
I am gladly moving on to the next project which I know will be no different or no more interesting than this one is (more boring maybe!!)
My old team was an excellent team, I had a swell manager, a decent team lead but yet I am totally unmoved and going "Ok!! What next!"
Sighhhh!! There is something wrong with all that wiring inside of me. I get emotional for a cricket match but not in places where people expect me to show some emotion.
 
 
 
So this cousin of mine who is going to the US dropped by this weekend and dropped off a whole carton full of his childhood books. A WHOLE CARTON FULL of malory towers, st clares, naughtiest girl, archies, tinkle and asterix comics to be passed on to my kutti 9 year old nephews.
Needless to say no "passing on" has been done by me. I have been having a completely lovely time reading the whole malory towers, st clares series again. Reading in the bus, reading in the train, reading in the balcony, reading in the loo (Errr yes!! One bad habit I havent been able to get over!!) and basically reading whenever I can find a little bit of time.
Dostovesky, Amitav Ghosh, John Grisham, O henry move over please. Aap Kataar mein hain in my reading list till I finish off that whole carton
 
 

Ice Cream for two people in Baskin Robbins costs 195 friggin bucks. Jeeeeeeeeez!! Thats the price of one wodehouse book, 2 RK Narayan's books, one nice top, four days lunch....Sighhh!!! I am never going to that place again. NEVER
How much ever F tempts me with the "Nutty ButterScotch with hot caramel sauce on top", how much ever I have an ice cream craving, how much ever money I have in my purse (Hell!! next time I have money and see Baskin Robbins Adyar I think I will just walk another 100 steps and go to Odyssey and buy some books!!)
I am not stepping inside another Baskin Robbins.
Bloody Baskin "ROBBERS"!!

4 comments:

Congrats for new project!

And don't worry, I read in the loo too! :|

May 19, 2009 at 8:39 AM  

Damn!! I dint Know Baskin Robins were abducting innocent people walking on the road and releasing them only if they pay up.. and that too abducting a pseudo 9 year old bully who suffers from serious psychological issues of not 'feeling' bout anything.. :P :P Double Damn..

May 19, 2009 at 7:35 PM  

U never treated me at Baskin Robbers :O... thats like 6 paav bhajis at sangeetha :D
---
U din't bet with me... at least u could have some respite from that last ball lost !!

May 20, 2009 at 1:59 AM  

My mom always called them Bakers and Robbers.

May 22, 2009 at 11:56 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home