Hmmmmm

1. Yesterday I said 'SHIT' to my on site coordinator while talking to him on phone. Now though I swear quite a little bit this was the first instance where I swore at a superior at work (the fact that i have ALWAYS wanted to swear, scream and shout at them for their incompetency and curse them for sitting at on site without knowing how to read basic english is not the point here. The point is I generally dont use foul language when I am talking to someone professionally. ahem!!!)
So this was the conversation between DOC (Dumb Onsite Coordinator) and me

DOC: So please make the following changes and send it in the next build.
Me: But the same scenario occurs in 7 other tables in the DB
DOC: yeah? Really?
Me: (thinking): errrr. ideally you are supposed to be the DB guy, analysing reuiqrements and all that. YOU are supposed to know.
Me: yeah
DOC: So make the changes in those 7 tables also
Me: SHIT!!!
DOC:...... (speechless)
DOC: Errr. what
Me: Show... Could you please show me how I need to go about doing these changes?

Sheeesh!! So basically because the bozos at onsite screwed up here I am sitting and working on Saturdays and Sundays and working till 10.30 everyday for the past one week. Not exactly my definition of a perfect weekend (Hah!! weekend my foot!!). My life in the past one week has revolved around working in office for 14 hours and then coming back home and crashing,getting up at 7 and so on and so forth!! Sighhhh!!
 
 
2. The Chennai Super Kings are on a roll. 5 consecutive wins later they sit smugly on top of the chart. Just amazing the way Hayden and Raina play but very seriously I think it is because S and I watch it together that they win. I mean before we started watching it together they were losing all their matches and since the day we have been watching CSK's mathces they have been doing a great job and come what may S and I have been religiously watching all of CSK's matches and I promised S I would come to banaglore for the finals and watch it with him if CSK came to the finals (Errrr yeah!! by watching together I mean he sits in banaglore and I sit in Chennai and we follow the match 'together' on the phone. His wife F who likes cricket as much Prabhakaran likes Rajapaksa isnt very pleased and has threatened me with dire consequences if I so much as come within 1 km radius of her house on the day of the finals!! :P:P)
 
 
3. I dont understand the concept of social networking sites. Dont get me wrong. I am on ALL of them. I am on orkut, facebook, twitter, blogger and every other site which can remotely be classified as social networking but frankly I just dont get it. I mean my point is, that people whom I want to stay in touch with I anyway will, social netwoking sites or NO social networking sites and as for the others if I dont want to stay in touch with them why take the effort of creating a profile and adding them on and "staying in touch". In college it was like a status symbol. "You dont have an orkut account? Hawwwwwwwwwww. Chiiiii" and in college I spent the better part of my time scrapping that girl who sat next to me in class 3 and stole my blue color rubber, that boy whose water bottle i threw out of the auto in class 4, that boy whose dog i tortured by pouring ink all over its white fur and so on and so forth and now i realise that their significance in my life is zilch. And come to think of it 4 of my closest friends who have been with me through thick and thin are not there on my friends list in orkut and facebook.
If I dont write a testimonial for you, if i dont "poke" you or rate you "sexy" and "cool" (two of THE most over used words on social netweorking sites. Hi. I am cool and sexy and I am looks for decent fraanship!! eeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!), if I dont become your "fan" does it mean I am any less your friend than I was? I dunno!!
Nowadays every time I see an alert saying someone has added me on orkut or facebook I wait till about 9-10 requests accumalate and accept all of them at once.
 
 
4. I have always thought about HOW proud Irfan and Yusuf Pathan's parents must feel every time they see their sons on TV one batting like there is no tomorrow (Every time Yusuf Pathan comes to bat I quiver and feel sorry for all the bowlers. Mean Machine) and the other taking wickets left right and center- Wow!!.
I mean one son doing them proud is cool but both of them!! Wowwwww!! Times of India seems to share my sentiments and they had a one page Mother's Day Article about both the Pathans and their mother. Makes me think, there isnt a single thing which I have done that my parents can... ahem!! be proud of. An extermely extremely naughty child, an average student, a difficult teenager and a miserable daughter is all that I have been. Hmmmm
 
 
5. Jug Suraiya is one of my FAVORITE columnists on Times of India. I love the way he writes, love the humor in his posts and the way he can make me read about politics (NO ONE can make me do that). I have always thought humor is the only thing which he is good at. The following article in Times of India completely changed my perspective. Loved the article, Loved the way he has written it, completely loved the way he has ended it and my respect for him has grown multifold. Do read it if you find the time

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Subverse/Travels-to-myself/articleshow/4500464.cms

3 comments:

yay CSK! and S??

May 10, 2009 at 10:47 PM  

I thought u visited ur dentist again, by reading DOC in bold :D

Agree with social n/w sites views.... can't really make out how come every monday I have 5-6 new requests after a trekk.. with whom I never spoke on a trekk... and theres no hi.. hello of any sort... thnk God.. I din't add u :P

May 11, 2009 at 9:51 AM  

I never thought of what you wrote there about Irfan and Yusuf! But such true words... seriously there parents would be so proud of them.In your case, I think your parents should be really proud of the way you write.

I came to this page from Trichurs and din know who the author of this blog was. I read the post on the top and came to this one, and halway through it and I felt this person writes beautifully and i havent read this kind of thing in a long time. By the end of it, i knew it was you. Lol, i even called you up to tell you that.

Have you posted these on the company blogosphere? If you can write like this, why dont you do that more? I just flew through this post with a happy feeling running inside me. I have read so many posts of yours and i'd like to throw them all in the bin, not coz they were bad, they were good, but because this one is right from the top drawer, so much better!

May 13, 2009 at 10:40 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home