>>> Inspite of people on TV screaming "Agar Aap vote nahi kar rahe ho to aap so rahe ho (Kiske saath?? :P)" and newspapers calling me a Pappu (a person from the upper middle class who doesnt vote) and a lot of other unflattering names I am not voting this time.
I dont have a voters id card. I tried registering on jaago re and being a good citizen, but though they send me loads of useless messages and mails I have still not been able to figure out how they will help me vote and have still not received a voters id card.
Gujarat state refused to accept me as its domicile because i hadnt done my 11th and 12th there
Tamil Nadu state refused to accpet me as it domicile because I hadnt done my 10th here

So basically I am a citizen of nowhere who can vote nowhere but yet I tried to get a voters ID card and havent got one. Someone told me any kind of id card would do but I need to register myself. I did. and I still cant find my name. I could have tried harder but after a research on the people standing from my contituency I have decided against voting for anyone.
Sighhh!! And they accuse me of sleeping.
Pappu I am!!
 
>>> I have realized that just in case I committ a huge crime like murdering my dumb on site coordinator or shooting the Prime Minister and saying "heyyyy you!! I am a juvenile. You cant hang me" and they put me into solitary confinement for like say an year - letting me speak to just one person and eat only twice a day and see only light coming from a single source the whole day, I think I will be chill about it and say "Bas!! Its over?? So soon??" after one year of it got over because thats pretty much the kind of life I am leading now.
I eat breakfast and lunch, look at the light coming from a computer for 14 hours, speak only to my mom She is the only one I call voluntarily and thats because she is the only one who wants to know if i am alive or not, talk to no one else  (except saying good morning to all my teammates who I think wouldnt committ suicide if i didnt wish them) and generally have a demeanor as pleasant as Muhammed Ali. Oh BTW there STILL are people who think of me, call me and are kind enough to talk to me even though I am about as responsive as a wall made out of Ambuja Cement and as interesting as speeches made by PV Narasimha Rao (I have heard he himself falls asleep when giving those speeches!! honest!!).
I know how solitary confinement feels like!!
 
>>> Someone said something today which hurt. Now I am generally the kind of person who doesnt feel bad for anything. Very thick skinned, yes I am. Sensitive is just not me. And generally it takes more than insults and harsh words and sudden emotional outbursts by obviously strung people to rankle me. I take most things in life with a 'I care a damn' attitude and though I am not sure if thats the way to live it has worked just fine for me or so i thought.
So the other day someone who is a good friend and whose opinion matters to me said something which inwardly made me go "Ouch!! R-U-D-E" but outwardly ofcourse i feigned ignorance and let it pass.
The problem is I cant stop thinking about it because a small part of me is like "OMG!! Was that person right? maybe what he said about me is what most people think. Maybe I need to change and stop being this indifferent/insensitive person that I am"
My problem is How do u go about being a new person.
how do people change? Does it happen overnight? Do u read self help books? (Ewwwww), do u practise meditation and yoga? (Yawnn!!), Do u do a SWOT analysis (double Ewwww)?
I dont know. I know I need to change but I dont know how to go about doing it.
But couple of lessons learnt are
 

1. Sarcasm is NOT taken the way you want it to be taken by some people. Especially if you are a girl being sarcastic is a complete No No. (what a gender biased world this is)

2. Just because people dont say anything to you when you talk to them flippantly DOES NOT mean they dont mind. They are bitching about you to another person while you naively or rather vainly think they enjoy and appreciate your sense of humor.

3. Dont talk too much. Its ALWAYS a bane!! Now I talk at the rate of 1000 wpm and can talk talk talk and still not get bored. legend has it that I even talk when I am sleeping. Most of the times though there is no need to talk I talk pointlessly, endlessly, aimlessly, relentlessly. This doesnt go down well with most people so curbing my tongue (this IS going to be tough) is on my to do list

4. Not everyone is a friend. Dont talk to everyone the way you would talk to a good friend. Really good friends would let your gibberish pass knowing you dont mean most of what you say and were born with only half a brain. Not so with not so good friends with whom u run the risk of them taking offence to what you say.

5. 50% of the people you know will misunderstand you, 40% wont even try to understand you (they couldnt care less), 5% will make an effort but give up and only 5% will actually understand you. Treasure the last 5%.

I am going to change. Not phenomenally but slowly and steadily. Will keep you guys (errrr..the 4 people who read this blog) posted!! :-)

10 comments:

its difficult to change self...evefry time I tried.. I failed...
probably, the best thing is to be what u r... and treasure those last 5%.. and care a damm about rest 95%...

May 11, 2009 at 9:58 AM  

Look forward to the new you.. :P

Does it mean u wont start the conversation with a gaali?? :P :P

May 11, 2009 at 7:27 PM  

Ah! so yer have been deprived if yer voting prowess eh gal?
Maybe ye coulda show em all who you are by contesting elections :-D
Given that many chaps like the fellow who will be in politics like AALu is in samosa generally win em....ye d manage a decent show am sure :-D
Lol....kidding :-D
And err....what is all this talk about change and stuff?? Some goop made yer feel a bit silly or what?? Maybe the self-help and the 'how to stay happy' books would help after all.....and yeah!! dont forget to talk to plants!!it d do u a world of good :-P :-P :-P
Maybe the fellow too needs some plant talking!! heck everyone should talk to plants!! the world will be more 'green' then! :-D

May 11, 2009 at 9:31 PM  

gonna change?? Good. I was on the look out for a reason to drop you from ma friend's list n now I have one :P :P I can see the change from the fact that ur even considering changing yourself for other ppl's sake.. maybe a little discernment would do but change??? NAH!!!

May 11, 2009 at 9:56 PM  

Mai bhi vote nahi kar raha. Lost my voter ID.. And since i moved from cbe to chennai it is a big pain to get one of them.

Did i read right ? you are going to change ? No more talking at 1000wpm ? No more insulting innocent people ? No more kicking people in the rear just for fun ? :P

May 11, 2009 at 11:36 PM  

Don't worry man!
Voting makes sense if the people contesting are worthy of it! Freeya vidu! :D
Apram, who made u go that way? Hmm.. maybe he/she needs some self-help books!
Just be yourself man! You don't know how many people treasure you! (senti a pochu! chee!)
I mean.. avan kadakran! ;) :P

May 12, 2009 at 12:16 AM  

1-2-3-4…6…

more than ur count of four eh??

May 12, 2009 at 1:46 AM  

I have a voter ID and I cant vote... :(

I dint get my leave approved to travel to chennai. The worst part is I worked when there was elections in B'lore as my vote was n Chennai. And during chennai elections, my leave is not approved for business reasons...

And to give u Gyaan... Once u start changing for others, u can never be urself... u hav to keep changing for each and every person... mind it....

May 12, 2009 at 9:12 PM  

@chor
I know!! Thanks :)

@rahul
You wish dont u ki i should be polite to u na?? not gonna happen sir!! :P

@goofy
LOL!! I so knew this would be the comment you would leave
capital capital. yes indeed i think talking to plants and rivers and errrr beds and pillows and wardrobes will help me become a beter human being!! :P
wat say cap'n!! :P
Thanks for visiting!! :)

@melting
Hah!!! The day i change for you that will be day!!
go melt!! ok?? :P

@jass
is there anything which u havent lost jass?? passport, license, marksheet, voters id. sheeeesh!!
and now tat u put it that way changing doesnt seem like the right thing to do atleast with u!! :P

@aishu papaaaaa :P
Thank you soo much!! you made my day!! :)

@rahul
yeah!! :)
lotsa kind ppl!! ;)

@gokul
advice taken sir!! :)
Thanks for visiting!! :)

May 13, 2009 at 6:48 AM  

\\"Sarcasm is NOT taken the way you want it to be taken by some people. Especially if you are a girl being sarcastic is a complete No No. (what a gender biased world this is)"

I never thought of it this way. Complete food for thought.

\\"I am going to change. Not phenomenally but slowly and steadily. Will keep you guys (errrr..the 4 people who read this blog) posted!! :-)"

Make it five.

p.s 1) I'd like to know what hurt you. call me sometime.

p.s 2) love the look of the page. so much so that i felt an immediate need to change mine.

May 13, 2009 at 10:45 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home