Right now I am trying to read three books at a time and not doing justice to any one of them.
Catch - 22 lies open, so does a collection of short stories by Fyodor Dostoevsky and Emma by Austen (which I have more or less given up on. No classics for me Thank you. Been reading Emma for 3 months now and successfully finished 22 pages).
Dostoevsky errrr. let me say is not for light reading. I mean I begged for it from R of mine who rather graciously "gifted" the book to me (He already had it, didnt like it and gave it me and signed it "To the creature, with loathing :-|.". Thanks R. someone ever told ya you are the politest person there ever was??)
I have been trying to read it slowly and I DO like it but it is soooo slow at times that it bores me.
Catch 22 again started off well, with a lot of promising humor but again it lost pace midway and now i find myself struggling to complete the book something which I have never done before.
But somehow I have this warm and nice feeling inside that I have so many books which I can fall back and nowadays that I am home alone I am having quite a capital time reading and reading without caring a damn about the time.
I dont think anything in this world could give me more pleasure than a good book after a great dinner!!

Great dinner reminds me that after reading my last post I had both S and R asking me if I would like to have Aloo Paranthas. And before I could go "Awwwwwww, you guys are the best" they were quick to remind me that I would be the one treating them for accompanying me to eat Aloo Paranthas.

R: Yaar. Aloo Parantha khane chalegi?
Me: Huh!! How did u know I have an Aloo Parantha craving
R: I can read minds
Me: My blog!! Sheeesh! Of course. Thanks man!! I would love to eat.
R: Cool!! Chal mujhe treat de de.
Me: Sighhhh

THANKS guys!! :-\

Tomorrow is a holiday (For now let me not think of the fact that we will be compensating by working Saturday). Just the fact that tomorrow is not working is quite thrilling!! Yayyy!!

 

5 comments:

Even I have three books to fall back on, feels great na.. :D
Oye! I'm working today, but on Sat i'll be sleeping till 11.00 :P :P
Aww le le revs!

April 22, 2009 at 10:25 PM  

Oye Creature.. I've leave today.. Planning to bunk tomorrow and have leave on Saturday Sunday too.. :P :P poor you.. :P

and tune ek baar 'thank- you' bhi nahi bola.. talk bout others manners huh..

April 23, 2009 at 4:19 AM  

I want also! Aloo parantha!!

April 24, 2009 at 3:02 AM  

welcome back...

U should read doestovsky's crime and punis..or brothers karamazov...

not easy reading by any means ..but stay at it:D..

not read emma yet...i usually like most classics...but some can be a drag.

catch22..aha...one book i really HATE...
i mean i pride myself on a decent level of iq but this book beats me..

well...nothing like a blog on books to wake me from my stupor..

well i go back to sleeping again..
adios:D

April 24, 2009 at 3:08 AM  

In my entire reading career of 10+ years, from Enid Blyton to O'Henry, never, and I repeat never has a book held me so completely at its mercy than Catch 22.

I found it unreadable, unintelligible and in really bad taste. Is Heller still alive? I'd like to ask him a few questions. And he'd better answer or else!

May 11, 2009 at 6:10 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home