Quick Notes

1.Went to meet M yesterday after a looooooong time and angel that she is she gave me a gift.

 

me: Eeeeeeeee.. what is it. what is it??

she: well!! its something you hinted at and i bought

me: *tearing open the cover*

me: Sea of Poppies!!!! by Amitav Ghosh!! OMG! can u like read my mind!! Wowwwww!!!

she: Mmm hmmm. And i can also read your blogs and didnt miss your not-so-subtle hint!!

me: Sheeeeeeeeeeesh!!! that was sooooo not a hint. I was just you know letting the world know of my desires!! :P

she: Yeah yeah!! sure!! :)

me: (cheekily) but sheeesh!! what if someone else read my blog and bought me the same book!!

she: ahhh!! dont fret!! No one is as thoughtful as me!! :P

Me: :rolling eyes:

 

Thanks M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And thank you so much for absolutely errrr profound poetry written inside the book!! :P

Totally touched!! :D:D (Lets forget the fact that I had shamelessly asked for the book? Ok? :P:P)

 

 

2.A got my card!!!!!!!!!!! Yayyyyy!! And after reading her post about it I am assuming that she was kind of thrilled to receive it!! :P

Uh oh!! A little confusion here. I sent a card to two of my friends both A's (rolling eyes) and both of them received the card on the same day!!

While one A was thrilled (the A who lives in Phoren!! Love ya A :)) the other A(k) couldnt stop cursing M and me for the kind of card we sent her for her birthday!! Aw le le le A(k)!! Aw le le le!! :P

Anyway w.r.t the A who lives in phoren I am completely surprised at how such a small gesture can thrill someone so much. I mean after all i d sent her nothing but a measly card with a letter written in my scrawly handwriting (another bane of the IT industry. My beautiful cursive writing has now become like the handwriting of a person with epilepsy. Terrible) about some of the most inconsequential things in my life and a totally sad poetry at the end of it but it still made her day and I am sooooooooooo happy!! :)

Come back to India A and then maybe I will give you better gifts!! ;)

 

3.In spite of it being a Monday, I am in a great mood today. So much so that if my current boss, one terribly khadoos fellow who doesn’t believe in prepositions, conjunctions, articles and the like. The other day he comes to me and says "You please get engaged with B and finish this work (B being a teammate of mine)" and I am like WHAT!!! SIghhh!! Anyway even if he came and loaded me with lots of work i would just grin and say "Sure sure my good man! Is that all? Maybe I will do some of your work also :P"

I have great friends, some great books to read, had some great food in the morning, had some great conversation

Ahhhh!! Life is Bliss!! :)

3 comments:

Hmm so what you are trying to indicate, is that if someone else also bought "sea of poppies", its not to late to switch to another gift ? :P :P

June 14, 2009 at 10:16 PM  

nice one.. and strange that your handwriting changed after coming to CTS.. i can hardly remember using pen and notes there.. in fact it was quite a struggle to grip a pen and take notes when I came back for Masters..

June 15, 2009 at 3:38 PM  

naansense.Beautiful Cursive Writing??

ur handwriting used to be really really bad(kozhi kirukkal) while in college itself (not as bad as A's but not as good as mine as well :P).Summa don blame IT for everything. :D

was that really a hint in ur blog for hapless readers?? :O :O I thought i was the one who was seeing hints in unintended innocent rants and being thoughtful, nice n all.. Ipo dhaan theriyudhu, THAT really was a trap nu :P :P But thanks for the hint anyways.. Otherwise i wouldn't have knwn wat to get for u.. :D Now if u can give a few more of those hints and 'help' the others as well.... :P :P

June 15, 2009 at 9:01 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds