B-O-R-E-D

Ok!!!
I am terribly terribly bored and for a change I have NO repeat NO work AT ALL. After being released from my previous project where eyebrows would be raised if you left at 6.30 (and if you didnt have eyebrows you would raise your entire self and stare stupidly at the person leaving at 7) where I had strict deadlines and where every day was full of defects and bugs and other such inconsequential things I have suddenly been put in a project where i have NO work. And they are KILLING me with KT (Knowledge Transition for the uninformed) sessions

I for one have NEVER been able to understand the need/ use of KT sessions. I originally thought KT stood for Kill the Trainee because ideally thats what is done throughout the "session".

You are locked into a room and bombarded with totally and ABSOLUTELY useless information 99.9999% of which you will NEVER use and the 0.0001% when you will use it, you will actually be doing a reverse KT or in other words vomiting stuff which was vomitted AT you (Ewwwwwww!!)

I mean WHAT is the point. exactly 20 seconds after the KT session I dont remember what was said having happily whiled away time looking out of the window or laughing at the accent of the onsite guy who being Mandairin of origin cant speak English to save his life (The other day at a KT session he said "So..ummmm...when you..ahhh seee...aaaaa..surprise mark...errr..you...hmmmm will know thaaaaaat its ummmm full of errrrrors" and i was like surprise mark?? whoa?? whats that. turns out he was talking about our good ol' exclamation mark!! LOL) and generally trying to supress a yawn and doodle in my notepad. No sir!! Not the way to listen to a KT at all. The whole concept boggles my mind. Not only do they gimme KT but they also bombard me with document after document to read and raise questions during KT. Bah!! The only question that has been raised by me till now is "Is it over?" at the fag end of the KT. Sighhhh

7 comments:

Aw le le wordsmith! Aw le le!

June 5, 2009 at 5:54 AM  

@Jassi
Bah!!! :-\

June 5, 2009 at 6:56 AM  

Kill the trainee! That is the word for it!
Loosu ppl! :D

June 5, 2009 at 8:02 AM  

AH! Yer being rather obsessed with all the KT yer gettin gal!! But if ye ask me, reading those documents are much worse than a session. At the session u at least get to fleetingly look at how bored the others are and share an understanding grin and all......but that doc is one superstructure of boredom.
If ye ever suffered from insomnia I d recommend reading KT docs if I were a doc!

June 5, 2009 at 10:44 PM  

i wish they bombard you with enough Qs at the end of every KT to ascertain whether you've understood it all!! :P

June 7, 2009 at 11:58 PM  

Ah don't even remind me of those KT sessions!!! I used to sleep off in all of them :)..Thank god that's behind me now...but come2think of it...the lectures r even worse actually :)

Nice post Wordsmith :P

June 8, 2009 at 12:24 AM  

@aishu papa
Heh!! Thanks :-)

@cap'n goof
:P seriously man trust me. but the thing is docs is better coz u cant at least alt+tab and twitter or blog or soemthing :)
Thanks for visiting

@goodearth
BAH!!!
get lost!!
humph!!

@amaaaaan
:P College lectures are equally worst maybe more coz there you pay to get bored par yahaan pe to mujeh paise milte hain :P
Thanks for visiting :)

June 8, 2009 at 4:00 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds